Sunday, July 22, 2012

Mosaic Monday: Even More Bunny



Just like the title says, here is even more Bunny for you.  That's Bunny Williams, fabled American interior designer.  I visited her garden in June, as part of the Garden Conservancy's Open Days program.  The garden has beautiful bones, with brick and stone-paved areas, often edged with boxwood.  There are beautiful evergreen topiaries as well.  Also shown in these photos are two of the porches, with fabulous antique garden furniture and ornaments.  In addition to her design business, Ms. Williams has a store called Treillage, which sells antique and modern garden accessories.  Lastly, there are a few photos of the small water feature, complete with giant koi.

I've still got at least one more Bunny post, and two other gardens from my visit to Connecticut.  In the meantime, how is your weather these days?  We've finally gotten a break from the horrible heat wave, and have had a few beautiful summer days.  A few days of rain have helped to replenish the aquifers, too.  Oh, and we have tomatoes!  I planted a few tomatoes in containers on the deck, and we harvested our first cherry tomatoes last week.  I know some of you have big beautiful vegetable and flower gardens, but here in New Jersey, we fight constantly to save our gardens from the enormous deer population.  So we look upon our harvest with particular joy.  :)

Here are the instructions to join today's post:
1. Publish your Mosaic Monday post. The post may be about any subject you wish. The only stipulation is that it include a collage, or mosaic of photos.
2. Once it is published, click on the title of the post. This will lead you to the static link for your post. The static link is the page with only that post on it. Copy the url from your browser at the top of the page.
3. Paste the url into the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
4. Type your name in the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
5. Click on "Enter."
6. Please link back to this Mosaic Monday post so that your readers can find other wonderful mosaics.

That's all there is to it! It's always a good idea to then check and see if your link is working. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: mrcarroll(at)optonline.net

And a quick reminder: if you would like to join Mosaic Monday but don't know quite where to start, there is a tutorial on mosaic-making on my sidebar. Just scroll down, and click on the small blue mosaic.

31 comments:

  1. Every thing looks so neat, clean and tidy, but I love the pond most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyond the architecture of her home and the plan of her lovely gardens, the beautiful foliage, I'm looking at her amazing containers. There is one that is so incredible that I return to it again and again. Wonder if I can do that with a lump of concrete...hmmm...

    We've had glorious summer days with low humidity and plenty of sun. Not much rain to speak of, though we're being promised changes. I want no changes. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so very beautiful! Happy Monday to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, I never get tired of pretty porches! So relaxing...

    Stop by if you get a chance and check out my Vintage Linen & Dish Auction for charity. It's the way I'm celebrating two years of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tranquil setting. What cute gold fish!!! I love a pond!!! Thank you for the tour! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have my admiration to beat the deer to the tomatoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It makes me tired to think of all the upkeep of such a beautiful home. I can hardly get the weeds out of my flowerbeds. I loved the flourish on the windows to make them look like curtains. Beautiful home. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful gardens and home. My favorite has to be the gardens and the beautiful brick path. So lovely.
    Thanks for hosting Mosaic Monday.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so gorgeous Mary! Enjoyed this so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bunny's home is spectacular! I'm out west and the heat is still on put here! Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful place! Don't have a post to contribute this week, but wanted to say thanks for hosting again.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful home and gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This home and gardens are truly lovely. I really enjoyed it.

    Yael from Home Gardn Diggers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Breathtaking! Absolutely beautiful home and gardens. Love the porch! Thanks for hosting.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did I told you, that I love this garden? :-)
    Have a wonderful week,
    Markus

    ReplyDelete
  16. The elegance of that garden always strikes me.
    We are still (still!) waiting for summer. It was 14 today (that's about 57 for you south of the border) - definitely sweater weather!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love visiting your blog. I want to bring my pillow and blanket and stay. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The house and the garden are so beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Best wishes, Siret

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh.......gorgeous! Thanks for taking us along, as well as hosting this party :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. some lovely shots especially where the garden is reflected in the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful pictures! Looks like a wonderful place to be! This is my first time to participate in Mosaic Monday! Have a great week!

    ~Linnea

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have never seen so many beautiful things at one place! Her place is FABULOUS! And Your photos are wonderful! Glad you are getting some relief from the heat. We too have had some rain and got somewhat "cooler" weather, but the humidity is right up there still. Thanks for hosting today's Mosaic Monday.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your photos, Mary! They make me want to visit this location as soon as possible, which is the mark of a great travel photo. :) The house itself is so like the one my father grew up in on the Hudson River. Classic and charming. Thank you so much for the tour! xoxo – g

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful place! And it looks very peaceful and calming. Thanks for sharing these photos. My first link up here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mary,
    Your photography is elegant, dear friend! Thanks for sharing these lovely gardens through your photos with us!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, each picture a delight! Such a lovely home. I know you enjoyed your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Mary!

    I am intrigued by the window details in the second picture. I believe it is a sunroom or breakfast room. Of course everything else is just so lovely.

    xoxo Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete
  28. oops... thanks for hosting this fun party! xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. These photos are just brilliant once again, and you can share all of the Bunny garden, home entries that you desire. Such a fascinating place and everything about it looks so welcoming and inviting and love how well manicured everything is. Puts my home and garden to such such shame~

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beautiful garden and I really like the architectural details around the windows too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your garden is breath taking. Your blog is so beautiful. I love the music. One of my favorites, Celtic Woman... I listen to her all the time.. I am one of your new followers. Come and have a cup of tea and browse my blog @ mimismagicapron.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!