Sunday, November 18, 2012

Mosaic Monday: Architect's Garden, Part II








It seems like so long ago that I started writing about the Architect's Garden, which I visited this summer as part of the Garden Conservancy's Open Days program.  Here is part two of my posts.  I still have more photos from this amazing garden -- maybe next week.  :)

When the current owners bought the land, it was the site of a dairy farm.  They renovated the barns to create an original and beautiful home, and laid out several acres of gardens, using stone walls, gravel and box hedges to delineate several garden rooms.  I would love to see the garden in winter.  I suspect that it is quite beautiful, even without flowers.  As we wandered through, I couldn't resist taking some pictures of the tools that were scattered around.  They, too, have a certain beauty all their own.

For my blogging friends in the United States, I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!  :)

Here are the instructions to join today's post:
1. Publish your Mosaic Monday post. The post may be about any subject you wish. The only stipulation is that it include a collage, or mosaic of photos.
2. Once it is published, click on the title of the post. This will lead you to the static link for your post. The static link is the page with only that post on it. Copy the url from your browser at the top of the page.
3. Paste the url into the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
4. Type your name in the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
5. Click on "Enter."
6. Please link back to this Mosaic Monday post so that your readers can find other wonderful mosaics.


That's all there is to it! It's always a good idea to then check and see if your link is working. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: mrcarroll(at)optonline.net

And a quick reminder: if you would like to join Mosaic Monday but don't know quite where to start, there is a tutorial on mosaic-making on my sidebar. Just scroll down, and click on the small blue mosaic.

22 comments:

  1. Mary, what a lovely garden tour. Beautiful photos. I wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredibly beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your photos of such a pretty place to visit.
    Guests and early Thanksgiving get together this weekend, so did not have time to work on a mosaic, but want to thank you for hosting each week.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely gardena nd the rustic tools do have their own wonderful charm!

    Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A place with so many interesting things to see - I love the gate and the galvanized watering can; I have one just like it.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful place. Your photos, as always, incredible.

    Happy Thanksgiving, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the tour and these lovely photos. I hope this week has been better for you and that you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary -- a lovely tour indeed (and I love the tools in all their utilitarian beauty). It is no wonder it seems like last summer seems a long time ago -- you've had quite a bit of excitement since then. I'm so glad you weathered the storm more or less intact and I thank you again for the work you do in hosting this meme -- and for your beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the grounds. Thanks for the wishes for Thanksgiving. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary, did I misunderstand? I am not sure if you are in North America and celebrating Thanksgiving or not - but if you are I certainly wish you a happy thanksgiving also!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful patina on the bench, tools and watering cans against the shed. Lovely garden tour, glad you shared. Thank you for hosting.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for taking us along. Beautiful images of this garden. Thanks for hosting.........sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary,

    What a lovely garden. Thanks for hostessing. Hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Yael from Home Garden Diggers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful garden. I love the weathered boards on the house. Thanks again for hosting Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my...can you imagine waking to such beauty every day? LOVE the stone walls. Thank you for sharing such nice pics. Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How I love the soft, weathered grey rooftops. Your blog is so lovely and I have enjoyed your garden tour immensely!
    Blessings,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely place!!! I am totally smitten with the garden gate photo. It beckons my imagination to a beautiful world beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for hosting. Love the gardens you shared.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  19. How wonderful to wander around such beauty by way of your blog. True the land and woods are beautiful even in winter. Thanks for sharing Mary. It is cloudy and cold in Ky.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Thanksgiving Mary! The garden is really so pretty and it looks like the sunshine was still warming the earth nicely, when you made your visit. The old sprinkling cans...remind me of my mothers and aunties. Take care~

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can only imagine living there!!!! Thanks for sharing, Mary! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for sharing such wonderful garden photos. Thank you for hosting. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!