Sunday, March 24, 2013

Mosaic Monday: Spring Is Here (I Think)



Well, the calendar says that it is spring, and there are certainly a few late winter/early spring flowers to be seen here at the Little Red House...  But the temperatures are not out of the 30's or 40's during the day, and yes, we have the dreaded s-word predicted for tomorrow.

S-N-O-W.

Pardon me if I start to mutter another four-letter s-word under my breath...

On a happier note, I am pleased to report that our cable issues seem to have been resolved, which is a good thing for Optimum because I was ready to call Verizon Fios on Monday morning.

 In other news this weekend, we got a new mattress and box spring from an online company called Saatva and let me tell you, it is T-E-R-R-I-F-I-C!  Most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on, and the company was a delight to work with.  When my husband called to get a confirmed shipping date, the CEO of the company called him back and apologized because we did not get a promised call with shipping information two days after ordering.  If you're in the market for a new mattress, check them out.  And no, I did not get any compensation for this mention.  :)

So, after all my rambles, let me wish you all a happy almost spring!  ;)

Here are the instructions to join today's post:
1. Publish your Mosaic Monday post. The post may be about any subject you wish. The only stipulation is that it include a collage, or mosaic of photos.
2. Once it is published, click on the title of the post. This will lead you to the static link for your post. The static link is the page with only that post on it. Copy the url from your browser at the top of the page.
3. Paste the url into the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
4. Type your name in the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
5. Click on "Enter."
6. Please link back to this Mosaic Monday post so that your readers can find other wonderful mosaics.


That's all there is to it! It's always a good idea to then check and see if your link is working. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: mrcarroll(at)optonline.net

And a quick reminder: if you would like to join Mosaic Monday but don't know quite where to start, there is a tutorial on mosaic-making on my sidebar. Just scroll down, and click on the small blue mosaic.

29 comments:

  1. so nice to see spring :) beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. S-n-o-w....nooooooo!
    Out here it is still cold and damp, but no snow. Daffodils are everywhere and my tulips are all showing big fat buds, as is the magnolia tree. Spring must be just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the pretty flowers of Spring. We did not get the light snow predicted for us the other night, and I was so glad. You would not know it is Spring here either. dark, dreary, wet and cold.
    Thanks for hosting again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary, I do have mosaic pictures in my post but clicked on the first picture without thinking. Love your spring peeks collage. Thank you for hosting, have a sunshine week.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when I find the first little peeks of spring. Love images and mosaic. Thanks for hosting.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, your mosaic is pretty. The snowdrops are lovely. No signs of spring here, but we are being threatened with snow this evening and tomorrow. I wish you a happy almost spring and a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still looking for my snowdrops, the snow has finally melted enough. It's amazing what you can buy on-line now; glad your new mattress was a happy purchase.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fear not, we saw lots of robins lately....they know the truth!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel for you Mary with the new blast of cold you are getting. Our weather is the typical bi-polar weather of spring in the Northwest. Sigh... But, the good news is the flowers are blooming!
    Thanks for the mattress tip, I've been needing to get one and I'm all about saving money.
    Thank you hosting us, and have a blessed Easter,
    Gayle from Behind the Gate

    ReplyDelete
  10. While you are desperately waiting for warmer weather I'm yearning for Fall over here in Australia! Please send some of that snow my way!

    Thanks so much for having me. Hope your weather gets a little better before Easter.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photography reminding me of Spring ~ MA was lovely today but who knows what tomorrow will bring ~ Enjoy ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. A big fat NO to snow. Perhaps this will be the last of it. I hope so! Lovely photos of the early signs of spring. It's coming, it's unstoppable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going to follow that link. Yessss...I was just hearing about this nasty snowstorm. Mercifully, it will slip off south of us, but I am sorry for those who will be affected. Hopefully, it'll all be a dim memory by the end of the week. Beautiful mosaic as always...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you have a good week with very little of that 's'! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a delight it is when the spring bulbs start to pop up their heads. It seems that the northern hemisphere is having a long cold snowy winter, so I can understand the yearn for spring.
    Have a wonderful week and thank you again for hosting Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. At least you have some signs of spring - it doesn't appear like there's anything going on here in the midwest.
    And that snow you mention - it's here - a good 8 inches so far....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty and sweet promises of spring, Mary. Beautiful mosaic. Thank you for hosting. I hope you have a beautiful week. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  18. We have that "s" word heading our way this week too. Things are still really brown here. I'm posting pictures of last summers garden use to remind myself that spring and summer will get here eventually! Your pictures are wonderful, thanks for hosting, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anxious for Spring here! We had snow the last two days. All melted now. Hoping for warmer weather. Hubby and I are needing a new mattress. I'll have to check them out. Thanks for hosting.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such pretties for spring - and a lovely mattress, what could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Winter is holding on here for another week, Mary, as we had more snow! Hopefully the blossoms will be back soon.

    Glad you got you cable problems fixed--i know how frustrating that can be! A new mattress can be heavenly and worth its weight if gold!

    ReplyDelete
  22. SO glad your cable problems are behind you. Thx for hosting. Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Mary
    You're almost there - just hang on for another couple of weeks and I'm sure Spring will arrive at your door!!!
    A good mattress is one of the best things in the world I agree!
    Thank you for hosting this party Mary and for inspiring us once again with your magical photos!
    Shane ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the mattress mention! We are on the lookout for a new one in the new future. Yea...for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Mary, I've met quite a few lovely ladies who join in to your fun Monday and so I'm joining for the first time; hope I've got things right.I love your spring flowers. Just stole a couple of my mom's hellebores for the vase. Aren't they spectacular? Such a treat to have early flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mary :
    Here my world is thawing out from the winter storms however the ground still frozen.No flowers in sight but perhaps Easter weekend will bring change to the garden!Have a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your flowers are so beautiful and I love the thought of Spring arriving any day now....right? You'd never know it by looking outside my window....Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely mosaic and party. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am still looking for spring:( I did have one or two little crocus bloom...then fade in the snow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!