Saturday, July 26, 2014

Mosaic Monday: Walking London

Hyde Park

Buckingham Palace

St. James Park, with Buckingham Palace in the distance

Big Ben, and St. Paul's Cathedral

Westminster Abbey, and the Buckingham Palace gates

Buckingham Palace

St. James Park

Westminster Abbey

We had such a wonderful vacation in London in June, that whenever life gets particularly stressful the first thing we say to each other is "Let's go back to London!"  :)

On our first full day there, we walked a great deal, just taking in all the sights.  Here are a few photos that I don't think I ever shared with you.  I love the beautiful and historic architecture, and the fabulous parks.  One of my absolute favorite cities!

Here are the instructions to join today's post:
1. Publish your Mosaic Monday post. The post may be about any subject you wish. The only stipulation is that it include a collage, or mosaic of photos.
2. Once it is published, click on the title of the post. This will lead you to the static link for your post. The static link is the page with only that post on it. Copy the url from your browser at the top of the page.
3. Paste the url into the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
4. Type your name in the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
5. Click on "Enter."
6. Please link back to this Mosaic Monday post so that your readers can find other wonderful mosaics.
That's all there is to it! It's always a good idea to then check and see if your link is working. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: marycarroll222(at)gmail.com.

17 comments:

  1. Of course, I love your beautiful take on it! <3 What a fairy book land - I mean... just the architecture! I mean.... I wish I had something in VT that looked like that! (and you totally know why! ;) ) I'm so happy for your family - that you got to share that special time together!! :)

    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, lovely scenes from London.. When I was there Big Ben was covered with scaffolding..wonderful photos and memories of your trip! Thanks for hosting, have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your London photo's are beautiful Mary. Isn´t it the most wonderful place. Happy MM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful scenes of London, Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous trip! And I like that....Let's go back to London! It works! Happy Monday! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your London photos. Thanks for Mosaic Monday. Love joining in.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mary, I can see why you enjoy London...it is just so magical. Thank you for these shares, they are wonderful. Have a great week~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful photos...
    Thanks so much for being such a loyal host...I don't know what we'd do without Mosaic Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. London is such a great place for walking to see the sites. We enjoyed it too. I kept here nursery rhymes in my head - 'they are changing the guards at Buckingham Palace, Christopher Robin went down with Alice".
    Have a great week and thankyou for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are wonderful! I can only imagine how nice it would be to take such a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow lots of history in those images. MB

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a fine walk and brought some very nice pictures to us!
    Thanks for sharing them ... Frauke

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is my neighbourhood and its only when I see the appreciation of others that I remember to be more thankful - the juxtaposed contrast between the parks and the architecture is striking

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blog! Such beautiful photos, it is a treat. Please be patient as I haven't mastered collages but I am sure with a little help from my daughter this weekend (freshly graduated from college) it won't take long. Thank you for sharing such pretty images!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mary, sorry I don't have much time for blogging or reading other blogs but I popped into your today and I see there is a mistake on the last photograph, you have got Westminster Abbey but it is Westminster Bridge with the Houses of Parliament on the left as you look at it and Portcullis House on the right. Great photographs. I was in London recently and went on the London Eye and on a boat trip. It is lovely to visit for a day but I couldn't go back and live there after our quiet life in Surrey!!! Jackie in Surrey, UK.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are just wonderful photo's.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!