OK, let me say this right up front -- I've had enough snow. Yes, it is pretty. Once or twice. But when you get at least one storm per week, every week, it starts to get old.
Here's how you tell when you've had enough snow:
- When your snow shovels have a permanent place by the back door.
- When there is an open bag of salt next to the steps.
- When your Christmas decorations are still up one month after Christmas, because you are too busy shoveling snow.
- When you keep firewood next to the door, in case of power failures.
- When the snow is creeping slowly toward the door!
My daughter and I shoveled about five inches from the driveway on Wednesday, so that we could get her out to the train to go back to school.
This is what it looked like on Thursday morning, at the foot of the porch stairs. Eighteen inches. My husband, my son and I shoveled for nearly two hours to clear the driveway.
So yes, I've had enough snow. Please alert the media.
Thank you so much for your sweet birthday wishes! My daughter came home to surprise me, and my son skipped his class so that we could all have dinner as a family.
It was one of the nicest birthdays ever. :)