Saturday, January 21, 2012

Mosaic Monday: Winter Pinks



We got our first snow of the new year on Saturday. This is always a little bittersweet for me. Although I love how it looks, it always seems to emphasize how far away spring really is. I went back through my photo archives to pull out some pretty pink images, and have gathered them here for you. The mosaic is made from a web board which can be found on The CoffeeShop Blog, here. If you use Photoshop, this is a great resource. I placed my images, and then changed the color of the frames to better match my blog colors.

Here are the instructions to join today's post:
1. Publish your Mosaic Monday post. The post may be about any subject you wish. The only stipulation is that it include a collage, or mosaic of photos.
2. Once it is published, click on the title of the post. This will lead you to the static link for your post. The static link is the page with only that post on it. Copy the url from your browser at the top of the page.
3. Paste the url into the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
4. Type your name in the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
5. Click on "Enter."
6. Please link back to this Mosaic Monday post so that your readers can find other wonderful mosaics.
That's all there is to it! It's always a good idea to then check and see if your link is working. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: mrcarroll(at)optonline

And a quick reminder: if you would like to join Mosaic Monday but don't know quite where to start, there is a tutorial on mosaic-making on my sidebar. Just scroll down, and click on the small blue mosaic.

30 comments:

  1. These are such soft, sweet pinks Mary. A very welcome sight on a rather gray day!
    ♥, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary! your winter pinks are a sight for sore eyes!
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Mary
    I like the format you used for your collage; thanks for sharing the source. There is an elegance to the overall look and the soft colours are soothing on a winter's night.
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary, I love your winter pinks. I am longing for spring and to see some flowers in my yard. We are finally getting some "winter" weather too. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary. Your pretty pinks are a nice contrast to the snowy mosaic I posted. Very pretty! Have a great week. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pinks, Mary. Thanks for the link to The Coffee Shop blog. Stay warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your beautiful pink mosiac! I need to experiment with photoshop instead of always just using picasso. We also received our first snow. My mind was on Spring, gardens, and chicken coops this weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty pinks! Have a great week, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mosaic is so beautiful, Mary. It's perfect for these January days that can get kind of gray. Pink is such a mood lifter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you have these framed, Mary! I need to do some experimenting with my photos and mosaics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary,
    These are just lovely all framed nicely for us to view. I felt as if I were in an Art Gallery!
    Have a wonderful week, dear friend! I'd love to have your SNOW here on the Prairie!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spring will be here before you know it...Thanks for sharing these beautiful pink images.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary, your entries always make me happy and the pink hues of these flowers warm my spirit in the coldness of winter's heartbeat~ Have a Happy Monday and a Happy week~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty in pink! seeing these lovely flowers has me longing for spring all the more. Warmer weather and pretty colors are a long time coming in this neck of the woods! Thanks for the link to that site. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So good to see the color that is out there in the winter. Beautiful shots.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are gorgeous! Especially because when one thinks of winter they rarely think of 'pink.' But it's definitely out there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful! Your snow scene is a classic beauty!! Wishing you well! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely juxtaposition of flowers and snow! I did pale colors for my mosaic this week too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely mosaic...soft colors and wonderful effects. Thank you for sharing your tips.

    ReplyDelete
  20. brilliant, Mary! Just brilliant! It's just what I needed - just perfect for the season and, now, having worked your magic, again, you've made a huge smile appear on my face. I love how you do that! =D

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your Pinks are wonderful! Have a nice week,
    Markus

    ReplyDelete
  22. óh, de gyönyörű virágok
    köszönöm:)*

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Web Board is a good idea. I had seen them but just hadn't bothered to learn how to use them. You gave me the push to download and try it out. Maybe everyone will see my filled in web board next week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Mary,
    Your soft pinks are lovely. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful colors and an amazing Mosaic. Great capture.
    Have a nice new week. Kind regards, Synnöve

    ReplyDelete
  26. So wistful and beautiful. Thank you so much for the link to the frames!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your mosaic with all the light violet colouring. The storyboard by Rita just looks like little windows into the garden. V

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh Mary I love your winter Pinks. I joined today. My photo's are not near as nice as yours but the subject is sweet. I hope you can come by. Off to visit the others.
    Have a Blessed Week,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a nice pick-me-up for the middle of this wintry weather:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!