Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mosaic Monday: Connecticut Garden











First of all, I'm so sorry about missing last week's Mosaic Monday!  We had a wonderful, albeit internet-free, week of vacation at the Jersey shore.  :)

This week, I have some photos that I took way back in June, while on the Garden Conservancy's Open Days in Litchfield County, Connecticut. This particular garden consisted of a 1920's Georgian style brick house set in 50 acres of fields, perennial gardens and woodlands.  The small conservatory was beautiful, as well as the patio and covered pergola.  I loved the use of blue/purple flowers against the white-painted brick.  The last photo shows the gorgeous view out over the Litchfield hills.  A beautiful garden!

Here are the instructions to join today's post:
1. Publish your Mosaic Monday post. The post may be about any subject you wish. The only stipulation is that it include a collage, or mosaic of photos.
2. Once it is published, click on the title of the post. This will lead you to the static link for your post. The static link is the page with only that post on it. Copy the url from your browser at the top of the page.
3. Paste the url into the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
4. Type your name in the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
5. Click on "Enter."
6. Please link back to this Mosaic Monday post so that your readers can find other wonderful mosaics.

That's all there is to it! It's always a good idea to then check and see if your link is working. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: mrcarroll(at)optonline.net

And a quick reminder: if you would like to join Mosaic Monday but don't know quite where to start, there is a tutorial on mosaic-making on my sidebar. Just scroll down, and click on the small blue mosaic.


29 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place to visit. The gardens are so pretty. Thanks for sharing it with us. And thanks for hosting again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Mary. This Connecticut garden is lovely. I also love the purple clematis on the brick wall. Gorgeous photos, thanks for sharing. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting, Mary. I'm glad you had an internet free vacation. Sometimes that's a good thing! Wonderful pictures !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photography, Mary, as always...it looks like a spread for Better Homes and Gardens. The Litchfield area is just beautiful...so lush and green. Wonderful flowers...I noticed the magnificent clematis and the patio with succulents on the table and baskets...a beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Mary -- just beautiful flowers and gardens -- I hope you had a wonderful vacation; you deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mary
    Your photos make this place look like it's right out of a magazine. A greenhouse to die for, and a patio area that I could certainly entertain in.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful indeed. I love those colors together. So glad you had a nice vacation. As usual, thanks for hosting.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always delighted when you take us to another garden! Beautiful house and garden. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a beautiful garden. I like the stone wall with the view beyond and the clematis-rimmed arch. Such loveliness, Mary! Thanks for hosting.
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous images Mary. Beautiful garden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you had a very enjoyable vacation, Mary! I love the Litchfield County area in CT. In Autumn is is a gorgeous place to see the beautiful fall foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary, Your pictures are lovely. A delightful place to see! Glad you enjoyed a nice vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary, You have such an eye for beauty!!
    ♥, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed your superb photos. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you had a nice vacation! This looks like such a beautiful place. I just love that greenhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! what a stunning property.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful gardens and hope that you enjoyed your vaca! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous pictures. Litchfield is one of my favorite places.

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you for taking us to this garden. I love the covered patio and that view!
    Thank you Mary for again hosting Mosaic Monday. I must say I missed it last week! Hope you had a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such lovely gardens and home. Glad you had a great vacation and internet free. Thanks for hostessing this blog party.

    Yael from Home Garden Diggers

    ReplyDelete
  21. What gorgeous outdoor spaces you have captured!

    Thank you for hosting a wonderful weekly linky party.

    Have a truly fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous home and gardens. I would love to visit there. Your photos are wonderful.
    Glad you had a good vacation. Thanks for hosting.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a lovely post. I just adore the greenhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful place to visit! I love the first picture of the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Mary,
    This is a gorgeous place - such lovely plants. I do appreciate your hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Mary, glad you had a computer break. We all need that every now and then. This garden and out structures are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and hosting.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Mary, so sorry but my first link #51 is not linking to my blog. Accidently pasted a blog I had visited previously and didn't notice. If possible can you delete it. Blonde moment for sure. lol!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  28. The landscapes, the gorgeous flowers going up the stone wall and that greenhouse, how beautiful all of these elements are that made up such a delightful share. The Jersey Shore...I have often thought that would be a delightful getaway and so glad that you enjoyed your time~

    ReplyDelete
  29. I dream of having a home with a garden like this too. Wish to live in a place like that. Your blog is so gorgeous and inspiring. :)

    real estate ph

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!