Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Waiting for Spring



Yep, just sitting here waiting for spring, buying supermarket tulips and gathering some gardening lovelies...  :)

It's been fairly warm and rainy here today -- dreary, but much better than the serial snow storms that have hit other parts of the country.  For those of you up to your, ahem, bottoms in snow, you have my deepest sympathies.  March in New Jersey is always an interesting month, as my husband often reminds me.  It can be winter or spring, or a little bit of both.  Here's hoping for spring!  :)

Will you join me tomorrow for Thursday's Inspiration?  The word prompt is "architecture."  That means I will have to brave the rain today to get a shot...  Ah yes, I love March.  ;)


9 comments:

  1. Oh dear. This one has crept up on me and it's a major snowstorm out there so I will have to think of something or else just visit here to see what others have done. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    The SNOW storms finished here with 20+ inches...
    so my plans to drive to a neighboring town to photograph some great architectural bulidings didn't happen!
    Saved by archived photos...I found something suitable for tomorrow's post!!! I think!
    Stay dry and warm, dear friend!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dark background photos look so much like Old Masters' still life paintings. Beautiful! I may have to use some older photos for my architecture post tomorrow. Unless I brave the chilly winds and occasional rain showers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surely you have something in your photo files so you don't have to go out in the rain Mary? Have you expanded the list of topics yet?
    I'm one of the ones with lots of snow so at least I get lots done inside. :-)
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle.... 'serial snowstorms'.... 'up to our tooshies in snow'.... 'March is an INTERESTING month' (you can say THAT again!)

    When I asked people on FB what they do when they have the winter 'blahs', they came up with so many things (several I'm trying to do) but, this afternoon, I was thinking that there really isn't much to do but twiddle our thumbs and sigh and wait for spring to come. =P Sounds like you're doing the same! ;)

    But your photos is a bright spot and brings a smile and a happy sigh - it has the feel of the promise and dreaminess of gardeny things to come!

    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. ♥beautiful♥ Have a nice day! Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful light
    It looks like a painting
    hugs
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely and oh I am so with you...waiting on Spring...soon it shall arrive~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!