Sunday, July 14, 2013

Mosaic Monday: Ham House








Oh gosh, once again I'm late posting here!  It's been so stinking hot here in New Jersey, I've not had any desire to do anything except sit in the air conditioning and lose myself in a book.  Right now, we are huddled in the small family room, noodling around on the internet and watching a broadcast version of one of my favorite movies -- Moonstruck.

Here are a few photos from my trip to England in May.  This is Ham House, a beautiful example of seventeenth-century architecture, located along the Thames River in Richmond.  I have more photos to come, but here is a little sneak peek.

Stay cool, my friends.  Sorry to say, but I'm starting to look forward to fall.  ;)


Here are the instructions to join today's post:
1. Publish your Mosaic Monday post. The post may be about any subject you wish. The only stipulation is that it include a collage, or mosaic of photos.
2. Once it is published, click on the title of the post. This will lead you to the static link for your post. The static link is the page with only that post on it. Copy the url from your browser at the top of the page.
3. Paste the url into the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
4. Type your name in the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
5. Click on "Enter."
6. Please link back to this Mosaic Monday post so that your readers can find other wonderful mosaics.
That's all there is to it! It's always a good idea to then check and see if your link is working. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: mrcarroll(at)optonline.net

And a quick reminder: if you would like to join Mosaic Monday but don't know quite where to start, there is a tutorial on mosaic-making on my sidebar. Just scroll down, and click on the small blue mosaic

26 comments:

  1. Dear Mary,
    what a wonderful house! It is like a fairy tale! I am very impressed by the librarie and the fascinating marquetry!
    I wish you a good week, with less heat!
    Best greetings, Siret

    ReplyDelete
  2. From one Mary to another, it's hot here in SO CA also - the problem here is we are not used to humidity and it has been very HOT with high humidity. So I am like you hanging out in the house.

    I love Ham House, how beautiful! The hardwood floors are STUNNING.
    Wishing you a break in the weather, I too am ready for fall.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ham House is intricate and detailed - thank you for taking the tour for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the tour! What a beautiful home you showed us. I think it's so cool that pictures are now allowed in places like this! I remember when that almost never happened. Thank you for hosting -- and stay cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tour of the Ham House. I really love the 5th photo down. Have a happy week ahead! Thanks for hosting and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing ...so lavish!

    We had humidity that made it like a steamy jungle, then torrential rains, then one cool morning, and now we are back to the heat. Today was hot but humidity free but that will change.

    I don't like the heat so I am on the same page as you :) I do not have whole house air either so as soon as I link up I am going to my galley kitchen which is very very hot, to make something to eat. At least I'll eat it in one of the rooms that has a window A/C though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous estate. I just returned from a Garden Tour in England on July 11. It is very hot and humid here as well. Take care Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...really ornate and ostentatious...a little too much for my simple tastes...I'd e afraid to live there!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mary. We have had some very hot days as well. Then a few cooler ones will sneak in. Your images are wonderful and the art work, the architecture over in England is just marvelous. I cannot wait to see all that you have to share. Please do not melt~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always drawn to the tapestries in elegant homes like this. And I could sit for hours looking at the books! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a magnificent house! I love all the books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love looking through old houses, imagining the lives of the people who lived there. What a pretty house - grand, but not too grand, with that lovely library!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an elegant house! I love the floors and the rich colour in the paintings and wall hangings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow such opulence! I guess lovers of Downton Abbey get a little taste of what life was like those days. Thanks for the tour, have a great week, and thank you for again hosting Mosaic Monday - the best way to start the week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Ham House is so elegant...love the floors and library! Thx for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my what a beauty.. The floors are fabulous.. Hugs and thank you for the party have a wonderful week, Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't you just love the houses in England, they are so amazing. Looks like they could be neighbors of Downton Abbey! Thanks for hosting have a great week, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mary,
    Cooler than normal temperatures have arrived here on the Prairie!!!
    Perfect timing for a very hetic week before the Wedding of my friend's daughter.
    The decorations are nearly completed!!!
    Movie time is something we, too , enjoy during the heat of Summer!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just... absolutely beautiful, Mary!! I'd love to see more!! =)

    I just wish you peace and endurance through this heat!!!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hot here too but I'm lovin' it!

    Great photos one more place to add to my next trip to England.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Mary,

    What a treat! Gorgeous photos, as always, of your exciting trip to England, a country rich in history and breathtaking landscapes.

    Thanks so much for hosting!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Mary, thanks for hosting each week. Very much appreciated.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Mary, I just found your blog via a link back to Mosaic Monday. Glad to have found a fellow(ette) 50-something blogger from NJ! Your photos are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Mary,
    We are having the same heatwave here...too hot for me and hoping for rain soon!

    Thank you for hosting,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful historical home. Love the wall tapestries. Thanks for hosting and lovely mosaics!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is an amazing house! The library is to die for.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!