Sunday, December 15, 2013

Mosaic Monday: Winter Solstice





I'm always drawn to the emptiness, the sadness and the stark beauty of these scenes, although I have to say that a lovely blue sky and some warm weather would not come remiss right about now.  ;)

We are digging out from under around five inches of snow, topped with some ice today.  So, by all means, let's celebrate the winter solstice...  :)

(Some iPhone and some dslr photos today, all from last winter.)

Here are the instructions to join today's post:
1. Publish your Mosaic Monday post. The post may be about any subject you wish. The only stipulation is that it include a collage, or mosaic of photos.
2. Once it is published, click on the title of the post. This will lead you to the static link for your post. The static link is the page with only that post on it. Copy the url from your browser at the top of the page.
3. Paste the url into the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
4. Type your name in the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
5. Click on "Enter."
6. Please link back to this Mosaic Monday post so that your readers can find other wonderful mosaics.
That's all there is to it! It's always a good idea to then check and see if your link is working. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: mrcarroll(at)optonline.net

And a quick reminder: if you would like to join Mosaic Monday but don't know quite where to start, there is a tutorial on mosaic-making on my sidebar. Just scroll down, and click on the small blue mosaic.


24 comments:

  1. We got about the same amount of snow that you did Mary, and there are still light flurries in the air.
    When it's not too cold or windy, a day like this is nice for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mary, I agree with you about the Winter Solstice. After the last weekend's snow and this weekend I have seen enough of winter. Your photos are beautiful, the 2nd and 3rd are my favorites. Thank you for hosting, have a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a special beauty to winter and you've captured it. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I wasn't so cold already your pictures would make me cold! :) Lovely...
    Just think, it is not winter yet. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary,

    I assume that you were hit by the snowstorm that has hit the international airwaves this weekend! All your images are spectacular, but my favourite is the last one for its footprints and fog!!

    Thanks for hosting such a lovely gathering every week!

    Stay warm!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smiling as I read your words...we dug out from snow covered with sleet and ice too!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  7. The coming of the winter solstice is a celebration, the earth slowly starts to awaken as the days get longer. Take care, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing images Mary. Absolutely incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Mary. The scene differs hugely from what we are experiencing here - except for the mist!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mist Mary. Thanks for hosting Mosaic Monday, love joining in.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love seeing pics like that, but makes me shiver at the same time. I am not a cold weather person - can you tel? :-D
    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Late Autumn, Winter brings with them for me very contemplative, very depressive at times feelings, for while I have joy in all days. it is more difficult in blacks, grays and white. Your images did draw me in though and I think that we must use our memories to fill in the colour blanks. Have a great week Mary~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty- we haven't had any of that white stuff here yet, but the way things are going I expect it to show up sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm ready for the Winter Solstice! Then the daylight hours will begin to get longer instead of shorter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. being from a place that does not have snow, I am always astounded by the complete and total change in your images between summer, autumn, WINTER and spring. What huge changes in seasons you have. Other than temperature and rain, our weather doesn't change so much. One day I hope to experience a winter like yours. But perhaps my romantic view is so far from the truth! In any case, your images are lovely, and I always looks forward to seeing everyone's winter snow pictures this time of year in the heat of our summer. Have a wonderful week, and thanks for hosting again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. B&W really displays the snow beautifully. Our snow is almost all melted as the cold spell went east. It will be a delightful week ahead with weather in the 50's and 60's. I'll enjoy it before the next cold snap hits!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We dug out at our home in the country and again when we returned to our city home. The snow is making an early appearance and it is coming in abundance. Thank you for hosting..xo C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for hosting and sharing your beautiful photos! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We have had a bit of snow and ice as well. This was a very messy storm.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We just had quite a bit of snow too! I'm very much looking forward to Spring already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for hosting Mary. Love your misty photos. Have a great week.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the snow scenes.
    Thanks for letting me join the party.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Mary. I wish we had snow. Rain in both places; Vancouver and Northmoor, but I'm hopeful. :) Thank you for hosting. Getting to the party late at night UK time so will come visit tomorrow...or in the middle of the night if this jet-lag persists...lol...(only it's not funny) :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your winter scenes are stunning. I do love winter's beauty, but I'm ready for the days to be longer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!