Sunday, June 29, 2014

Mosaic Monday: Chinese Dogwood







It's been a bit of a busy week here, and somehow I totally forgot about Mosaic Monday!  But, better late than never, right?  So, here we go...

Our Chinese Dogwood tree was absolutely loaded with blossoms this year.  I guess maybe it was all the precipitation we had this winter?  Anyway, I'm so glad I got the chance to go out and shoot them while they lasted.  :)

Here are the instructions to join today's post:
1. Publish your Mosaic Monday post. The post may be about any subject you wish. The only stipulation is that it include a collage, or mosaic of photos.
2. Once it is published, click on the title of the post. This will lead you to the static link for your post. The static link is the page with only that post on it. Copy the url from your browser at the top of the page.
3. Paste the url into the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
4. Type your name in the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
5. Click on "Enter."
6. Please link back to this Mosaic Monday post so that your readers can find other wonderful mosaics.
That's all there is to it! It's always a good idea to then check and see if your link is working. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: marycarroll222(at)gmail.com.

16 comments:

  1. Yea, I am so happy that you remembered and the Dogwood blossoms are so beautiful. I always find them lovely and we have quite a few wild ones that grow on our 2 acres. I have purchased and planted a couple of the Red and pink ones, but the creamy white ones are still my favorites. Have a happy week Mary~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No bloom lasts quite as long as we'd like it to. Your dogwoods are exquisite and, in company with the vintage book, delightful. My favorite is the open book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty ( as always ) ! :) Thank you for hosting and for always having the best photography ...: )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful still life with them on the book.
    Thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lighting of the dogwood is gorgeous, Mary, and I love how you incorporate the book into the photos as well. Thank you for hosting; it's been quite a while since I've joined in that am happy to be back this week.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Mary, I love the beautiful dogwood blooms. They are gorgeous trees while in bloom! Thanks for hosting, wishing you a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exquisite and elegant are the images of your Chinese Dogwood, Mary. The last photo is mysteriously enchanting! I've not been able to participate in a while, but am happy to be back! Mind you, it's already after 1 am, here in the Med, so I'll pop over to visit everyone tomorrow! Thanks for hosting and have a super summery week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow what an amazing flower. I love it! I have never seen one before. Is it a large tree? so beautiful.
    I missed last week. Thanks for hosting Mary, and have a lovely week. Summer in your half of the world and winter down here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, they are a smallish tree, but beautiful in bloom and again in fruit. The fruit is decorative, but beautiful. :)

      Delete
  10. Dogwood blossoms are so pretty, Mary! We are having a few Dogwoods planted in our landscaping this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty......thanks so much for being such a loyal host.
    Have a good 4th

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful and delicate looking flower!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE dogwoods! One of my favorite Southern trees ~ they sparkle in the woods. Thanks for sharing and hosting this week's party. Glad to reconnect. Ciao, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Remarkably, for those who don’t know, the color of mourning in Buddhism is white. So the family are dressed completely in white, the guests wear a white blouse or shirt, preferably with a black skirt/pants.Here

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful. Every time I visit I want to join in. Then time passes and it doesn't happen. One of these days I WILL participate. For now, though, I must say I love the dogwoods on the books, and the glowy look you have to your photos. Beautiful mosaic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!