Sunday, January 13, 2013

Mosaic Monday: More Architect's Garden









First of all, thank you all so much  for your cheerful comments last week.  My daughter landed safely in Italy for the semester, and the rest of us are feeling better slowly but surely.  This has been quite a crazy winter so far.  As usual, I wait with bated breath for spring.  ;)

Here are some more photos from my September visit to the Architect's Garden in Pottersville, NJ.  If you love gardens with lots of good bones, this is the place for you.  Wonderful gravel paths and stone walls are abundant, as well as their signature boxwood hedges.  Most of the photos shown here are from the greenhouses, where there were plenty of sweet little potted plants and a quirky array of antiques to charm the senses.

Here are the instructions to join today's post:
1. Publish your Mosaic Monday post. The post may be about any subject you wish. The only stipulation is that it include a collage, or mosaic of photos.
2. Once it is published, click on the title of the post. This will lead you to the static link for your post. The static link is the page with only that post on it. Copy the url from your browser at the top of the page.
3. Paste the url into the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
4. Type your name in the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
5. Click on "Enter."
6. Please link back to this Mosaic Monday post so that your readers can find other wonderful mosaics.


That's all there is to it! It's always a good idea to then check and see if your link is working. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: mrcarroll(at)optonline.net

And a quick reminder: if you would like to join Mosaic Monday but don't know quite where to start, there is a tutorial on mosaic-making on my sidebar. Just scroll down, and click on the small blue mosaic.

23 comments:

  1. It is lovely to see so much green, the lovely graveled paths, and the tables set up for potting. Our side lawn is all green just now because of the warm spell. So you're not going to learn to embrace winter? It would make the weeks of it easier to take, wouldn't it? ☺

    So glad that your daughter is safely in Italy and that the rest of you are feeling better. We're all slathering ourselves in sanitizer these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I was going to thank you for having Mosaic Monday up earlier on Sunday. I understand why you did last week; not sure why this week, but with an evening of Once Upon a Time and Abbey, this earlier time makes it great for me. (Not that it's all about me...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice to see so much green on av freezing cold day here in Norway. You bring spring so much closer:) Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, lovely photos of the garden. I am so looking forward to spring. I am glad to hear you are all feeling better and your daughter arrived in Italy safe and sound. I also appreciate you starting Mosaic Monday earlier, it works well for my Sunday evenings. I wish you a happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary,

    I'm glad your daughter arrived safely and glad you and your family are feeling better. These gardens are marvelous. I would be quite happy wondering around in them -- I love stone walls and boxwood hedges. What is the little stone building with peaked roof? Is it a greenhouse or maybe a dovecote? It's just charming.

    Thank you for hosting Mosaic Monday and have a great week!

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely entry, and happy to see you on early again...love that! So glad to hear that your daughter is safe and sound in Italy...what a gorgeous place, beautiful experience that is going to be.
    Hoping that your family are all feeling better this week too.
    Those little flower pots...I had 16 filled with conifer seeds under a grow light and I thought well protected. I had most of them with about 1 1/2" sprouts growing upright and tall. One day a week ago, I went to check on them...one of my cats had feasted on every one and then managed to puke up the lot on the carpet...so much for that venture. Happy week Mary~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never tire of the photos of the Architect's Garden. The weathered pots on the table and the old sprinklers are wonderful subjects that you capture so well. And who wouldn't appreciate the green at this time of year?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the old wrought iron pieces stacked against the stone wall, and that lovely old potting bench. What a wonderful place to spend an hour or two just strolling around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could visit this place. Thank you,Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's such a lot to admire in these mosaics - I love the garden house and the row of iron gates - all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the garden.
    Thank you for sharing.

    Enjoy the new week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely garden! (And I apologize if you get this comment twice, google/blogger made me log on and didn't seem to have the same password I did!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well these gardens are sure prettier than the ones I posted on my blog today but then of course, these are professional ones. Great job with the images.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful photo tour of a lovely garden. Thank you for hosting.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Architect's Garden,even the name is so inviting,would love to have all those clay pots busting with blooms in garden/yard.
    Hope you all are feeling better and excited for daughters trip to Italy.
    ~Jo LoblollyLane

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Architects Garden looks like a wonderful place to visit and your photographs are fabulous. the composition of each one is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This has me longing to get my fingers in the dirt and start planting seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought the structure i am seeing is a shed but look like a greenhouse, i am not sure though.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How refreshing to see all your beautiful green when it's winter. Thank you for hosting Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh I love all the little pots and bits and pieces and that ironwork laying against the fence - I would love some of that on a wall at my place! What a lovely place to explore. Thanks for taking us there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!