Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mosaic Monday: San Francisco Landmarks



Yes, I m still posting pictures from our trip to San Francisco in August. And I'll probably be posting gardens we visited in June in October. :) I'm late getting this Mosaic Monday together because I had to drive my daughter back to school tonight. We had a lovely weekend together, though, which makes it all worthwhile.

So, what do we have pictured here? The top picture was taken along the Embarcadero, which is prime waterfront property filled with high end shops and eateries.

The second set of pictures shows the Transamerica Pyramid, the tallest building in the city, and a small street fair which we happened upon while visiting the famous City Lights bookstore, founded by the Beat poet Lawrence Ferlinghetti in 1953.

The beautiful green building is the historic Sentinel building, home of the famous film company American Zoetrope, which produced Godfather I & II, and Apocalypse Now, among others.

Below that is Ghirardelli Square, home to the famous chocolate makers, as well as a mall filled with high-end gift shops and eateries. The final picture shows the wharf directly across from Ghirardellli Square. The Transamerica building is in the background.

I hope you have enjoyed this little tour of San Francisco. :)

Here are the instructions to join today's post:
1. Publish your Mosaic Monday post. The post may be about any subject you wish. The only stipulation is that it include a collage, or mosaic of photos.
2. Once it is published, click on the title of the post. This will lead you to the static link for your post. The static link is the page with only that post on it. Copy the url from your browser at the top of the page.
3. Paste the url into the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
4. Type your name in the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
5. Click on "Enter."
6. Please link back to this Mosaic Monday post so that your readers can find other wonderful mosaics.
That's all there is to it! It's always a good idea to then check and see if your link is working. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: mrcarroll(at)optonline

And a quick reminder: if you would like to join Mosaic Monday but don't know quite where to start, there is a tutorial on mosaic-making on my sidebar. Just scroll down, and click on the small blue mosaic.





38 comments:

  1. Mary, I love the architecture that you captured in these pictures. San Francisco is on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the palm tree lined street and the big boat with the city in the background! WOW! I've seen this city in so many movies...but never in person! Great photos! And Happy Monday! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful sights from San Francisco. It is a beautiful city, one of my favorite places. Wonderful mosaic and photos, I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shots Mary. I have certainly enjoyed your San Francisco journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fantastic trip! I'd love a visit to Ghirardelli, I'd love some samples :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary I'm enjoying seeing all your pictures. I've never been to San Francisco so all the views are new to me. When you've had such a great holiday it's nice to be able to share the experience with others. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary
    Beautiful photos. It's always nice to see other places by touring with bloggers.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of interesting architecture there. Must have been a wonderful visit. V

    ReplyDelete
  9. How I'd love to visit San Francisco! It's not really that far from here so there's no excuse - must visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos~ touring SF with you is the next best thing to being there in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful images...feeling the ocean air all the way to TN...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shots and thanks for taking us on the tour. I am visiting through your photos. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm enjoying your SF photos so much. I would love to go there someday. Meanwhile your photos substitute for a visit right now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Mary,

    I like the pyramid and the green building. Such interesting shapes. I was in San Francisco once, about 30 years ago!
    Glad you got your daughter off safely. Have a wonderful week.

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Transamerica building is quite a beautiful landmark. Love to visit SF again. Beautiful photos, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the picture of the bird. Beautiful, clear and serene... I put in my link 2x but still do not see it. ???

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for sharing your trip to San Francisco. Also, thanks for hosting again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos. I've always wanted to visit SF and your posts about the city make me want to go there NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love San Francisco and I never tire of seeing photos of it, Mary. I've visited all the locations you've shown today over the years. Ghiadelli square is always a fun place to sample some of their yummy chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahh.. how you captured one of my most favorite cities...
    Beautiful!
    Thank you!
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful post! It must have been a great day! Thanks for sharing!
    Markus

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mary, San Francisco holds many wonderful memories for me when we traveled to SF in the 80s and 90s. Such a vibrant city full of beauty and interest. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  23. I certainly don't mind seeing your pics of San Francisco - as I will probably never get to go there - so thanks for the tour! and thank you again for the opportunity to participate on Mosaic Monday
    cheers from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  24. haven't been there in a while - your photos bring back great memories - love the North Beach area - thanks for the photos...and for hosting Mosaic Monday

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have indeed got some really wonderful pictures of the City-By-the-Bay! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'd be happy to carry your bags on your next trip! :D :D Beautiful shots of SanFrancisco.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful city San Francisco is. We were there once many years ago and I still remember so many details.
    Lovely photo's and mosaics Mary.
    Riet

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mary, loved seeing these photos from your trip to San Francisco. What a beautiful city!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You're apologising for posting more photos from your August 2011 trip!? If you have more, don't just keep them in your hard disk; we'd love to see more. I'm actually posting from my collection of photos from my New Zealand holiday in Oct 2010! So many more to share, which I had neglected to share.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your travel was wonderful I can see. I loved the green building. I will probably never be able to go there but your shots are so clear and beautiful I feel as if I had been. Never apologize for a great photo presentation.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  31. Plenty of material to share with us over the coming months then Mary. I enjoyed today's selection.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! I especially love the colors of Ghiradelli square..

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the SF pictures; I will probably never visit there, as I am convinced that the minute I set foot in San Francisco, the whole dang place will tumble down in an earthquake.

    We do visit Southern CA because Alida lives in LA; our next trip will be in February.

    You do take the loveliest pictures!
    And I never get enough of those garden ones -- put up a lot of them in the cold months, please!

    Cass
    PS Glad you like the dark doorway --it's actually not black, but that very VERY dark green Charleston green. Sunlight brings out a hint of the green; othrwise it "reads" as black.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hahahaha... A Fair To Remember.
    Just went back for a 2nd look, and noticed that.
    Clever!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great photos Mary! My dad once said he thought San Francisco was the most beautiful city he'd ever been in. Thanks for hosting your delightful Mosaic Monday blog party! Bess

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh, Mary these are travel guide worthy. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  37. It's so funny to see you post these pictures of San Francisco... My mom lives right above the bay..her view is the San Francisco Bay and I'm not to far from this pier...happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!