Saturday, January 19, 2008

Getting My Ducks All In a Row


Or, in this case, chickens. Don't they just make you smile? I already had the biggest and the littlest. The second from the left is a gift from bj, at Sweet Nothings. The second from the right is one that my friend, Robin, found for me. I love the way they look all lined up. Cute!




So, getting my chickens all in a row, here are several awards I have been given recently. I am thrilled to death that people actually read what I write; and to be recognized by my peers and friends is so wonderful! Many thanks to all of you!








Karen, from A Scrapbook of Inspiration, and Barbara, of Lapplisor, gave me this award. What a sweet sentiment! I have to say that Karen's blog is always as named -- a wonderful place of inspiration; and her stories of art and travel always make my day! Thank you, Karen. I always love to visit Barbara as well. She does the most beautiful needlework you've ever seen! Thank you, Barbara! I'd like to pass this award on to Dena, at Swaddle Cottage. Her sweet comments always make my day!










I got this wonderful award from Terri, of Pennyann Poundwise. I still find it amazing that people actually get up in the morning and look forward to visiting my blog. How strange is that? Anyway, thank you so much, Terri! I'd like to pass it on to Kathy, at Kathy's Cottage. Her delightful blog is my daily dose of cottage cheer.









And finally, this Amazing Blogger Award came from Dena at Swaddle Cottage and Abbie at Whimsy of A Staggering Artist -- both amazing ladies. I was also tagged to play this game by Stephanie, of The Hearts of Hartmann -- a sweet girl and a fun blog! I'm supposed to list seven random or weird things about me, so here goes:



1. I am a cable news junkie, especially during election season. I think it's my version of gossip.





2. I love trashy romance novels, which is somewhat strange considering I was an English Literature major in college. Or maybe it's just a response to having had to read Moby Dick.




3. When I go for a walk, I'm always picking flowers, or gathering leaves and nuts and stones. I bring them home and put them on the windowsill above my kitchen sink. They always make me smile.




4. I played first doubles on my high school tennis team. God, that was a long time ago!





5. I spent much of my childhood riding (and falling off) horses. Once, in a horse show, I was thrown and landed on my head. My hard hat got wedged down and it took two grown men to get it off -- one to hold me down and the other to pull.




6. Amazingly enough, the hat must have done it's job -- I was one of those nerdy straight-A students.




7. I have never had a manicure or pedicure -- can't stand the thought of someone touching my fingers or, even worse, my toes. Ick!



Phew, I'm glad that's over! OK, now you know the worst. LOL I'm supposed to pass this on, but I think lots of you have already played, so I will just let it float out into the ether. If you want to pick it up, go for it!












































28 comments:

  1. Hi Mary,

    I love your dream kitchen below- so perfect and elegant! You deserve all the awards you receive--your blog is wonderful!

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Marry. Thanks so much for the nice posting of the package I sent. I am honored that you did an entire posting on it and now to see how the little chicken on the nest fit in with your collection makes my heart sing. They all look so cute together!
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mary!Congratulations on all the other awards too, clearly I am not alone in my enjoyment of your blog:>) I Love the chickens, I have even seen really teeny ones, wish I could remember where. Have a great weekend:>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, Congrats on all the awards. They are just so much fun and such a validation. I am glad I am not the only person to never have a mani or pedi ( as they seem to be called now). Too much of a "yuck" factor, I agree.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the little chicks!

    Mary, congratulations on all your awards...you are most deserving. Loved reading your tag and getting to know some fun things about you. I'm with you on #2 and 3. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooops, sorry about that I don't know what happened. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary,
    I look forward to visiting your blog everyday. I love your kitchen, and the rest of your home too, it is so warm and welcoming. And that must be a reflection of you.
    Looking forward to seeing more.
    Teresa
    (another NJ girl)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your awards. This blogging community is a lovely and generous one, and it is nice to know one is being appreciated. I love your chickens. One of these days I will start collecting china ones (the live ones are in the henhouse already, and I am surprisingly fond of them).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your chickens in a row are wonderful! They make me smile.
    I gave a couple of white glass chickens to my daughter and will share with her your art of display!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary, congratulations on your awards.. very well deserved. I love all your chickens..I have some of those tucked around and they just make me happy :) Have a great weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mary Those chickens look so cute all in a row. Congratulations on all the awards! Everyone seeme to enjoy your blog. I know I do! Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your chicks. you have started a great collection.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mary, thank you for stopping by and visiting Nora Lee's Nook. I will confess I have been an occasional lurker to your site, but never left a comment. I love the toleware tray in your post today!

    And congratulations on all your awards; I got my first one last week and was thrilled.

    Have a great weekend!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your collection of nesting hens. How precious to line them up in a row like that:)

    Congratulations on the awards!

    Have a great weekend.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  17. First of all, I want to live in your kitchen ! Im re-doing mine this Spring , I cant wait !
    Your #3 is me too ! I am picking up flower seeds and such too !
    I love the outdoors !

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Mary,
    I am new here and LOVE your blog!
    I cannot wait to add you to my blogroll.
    Your kitchen is my dream kitchen! I always wondered what my dream kitchen would look like...now I know!
    Have a great day!
    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Mary
    My congratulation to all your prices :-)
    I am pleased you in the Nirvana to have found and come so gladly into your "hospitable red house"... Your chicken porcelain collection is marvelous!
    Take care Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Mary,
    Your kitchen is a dream.I love the
    elegant style.
    I have a Award for you.
    Have a nice week,Regina

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Mary,

    Thank you so much for the award and congratulations on your stack there! My day wouldn't be the same without a visit at the Little Red House :)

    Hope you are having a lovely Sunday.

    Hugs,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love those little chicken all in a row! And congrats on your awards. Fun facts!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your hens! I have 3 different sizes in Amber....I love them! Congrats on all your awards!!
    Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on your awards, Mary! They are all well deserved ... your blog is always a delight to visit. I love your row of chicks! ~ Lynda xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your chicks are so chic!! Congrats on the awards. And it was fun learning a little more about you. I love to play tennis.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great post sweetie, and congratulations on your well deserved awards!
    Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your procession of chicks :-) and, it's so nice to learn a little more about you.....

    Have the Best of Weeks,,,,,,,,Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your ducks are beautiful. Perfect! Congratulations on your amazing blogger award. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!