Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mosaic Monday: Cambridge


Senate House of Cambridge University


Field along the River Cam (on the left) // Corpus Christi College (on the right)


Punts on the River Cam


University Church, Great St. Mary's (on left) // Pub on the River Cam (on the right)

Darwin College, on The River Cam


St. Botolph's Parish Church (on the left) // Corpus Christi College (on the right)


King's College


Walk along the River Cam


It's been over a month since I got back from my visit to England, and I finally got around to downloading and editing some of my photos.  These were taken in the town of Cambridge, home to Cambridge University, the second-oldest university in the English-speaking world.  Chartered by King Henry III in 1231, many of the colleges that make up the university were founded in medieval times so that their members would pray for the souls of the founders.  Today, Cambridge University is made up of 31 colleges and six academic schools, all occupying various sites throughout the town.  The river Cam winds it's way through the town, and is a beautiful natural counterpoint to the glorious stone architecture.

Here are the instructions to join today's post:
1. Publish your Mosaic Monday post. The post may be about any subject you wish. The only stipulation is that it include a collage, or mosaic of photos.
2. Once it is published, click on the title of the post. This will lead you to the static link for your post. The static link is the page with only that post on it. Copy the url from your browser at the top of the page.
3. Paste the url into the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
4. Type your name in the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
5. Click on "Enter."
6. Please link back to this Mosaic Monday post so that your readers can find other wonderful mosaics.

That's all there is to it! It's always a good idea to then check and see if your link is working. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: mrcarroll(at)optonline.net

And a quick reminder: if you would like to join Mosaic Monday but don't know quite where to start, there is a tutorial on mosaic-making on my sidebar. Just scroll down, and click on the small blue mosaic.

30 comments:

  1. Mary, the River Cam and Cambridge scenes are lovely. Wonderful photos from your trip! Thanks for sharing and hosting. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary,

    Gorgeous photos of a beautiful, green, serene place, full of history and tradition. Thanks for hosting and Happy Sunday!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary. Isn't Cambridge beautiful? We were there last year and loved it.Your beautiful photographs bring back memories, altho I have a lot of photo;s myself like yours. I often look at them. Have a nice week and thank you for being our weekly host. Riet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed your post! I am not a great traveler, though once I get somewhere I am thrilled to see new things. Second best to being there is to read about it - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous place to visit! The old buildings are so majestic. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving your photos of your trip -- here and on FB! Wonderful! Makes me want to pack my bags!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I sit on my deck here in the woods, it's hard to imagine such beautiful places!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely photos of an idyllic place. My sister is working in London these days. I think we need to make a visit before she comes back to the US.

    ReplyDelete
  9. While I enjoy all of the pictures of the stately buildings, right now looking at the punts on the River Cam picture makes me want to be there right now....looks like a little piece of cool watery heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you must have enjoyed the trip, so much. Your images tell quite a story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love seeing some of Cambridge. Thanks for hosting
    Jou

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are such lovely photos, I would love to visit there. This is my first time here, glad to meet you.
    Leslie aka Gwen Moss

    ReplyDelete
  13. These historic old buildings are amazing. I wonder if a portable GPS is a requirement for students there? :-)
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  14. glorious traditions, history and architecture. We didn't get to visit Cambridge when we were in the UK, but our tour bus did take us to Oxford, which looks quite similar.
    Have a wonderful week Mary and thank you for again hosting Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are just wonderful! I would love to be able to visit Europe and enjoy all that history.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the images you've posted. The architecture over there is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cambridge is high on my list to visit. You've inspired me to figure out making mosaics. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos of amazing buildings! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. simply gorgeous!
    thank you for this lovely pictorial tour.

    have a great monday~

    ReplyDelete
  20. oops...came by to link with MM....
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  21. hope things are ok there...:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cambridge looks so beautiful, here again would make for a great portrait session♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cambridge's buildings are beautiful and the setting, beside the river, with those willow trees, just can't be beat. So glad you are sharing your trip photos with us.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love, love, LOVE the walk along the river Cam. How gorgeous! Thanks, as always, for capturing such lovely moments!

    ReplyDelete
  25. There is nothing quite so grand as the architecture and the grounds of the old universities and chapels in England. What marvelous shares and your time there with your daughter had to be wonderful~

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful place! I imagine how wonderful it must be to study there.
    It's good to be back posting, after a month away from the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such lovely scenery. I would love to visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful!! Is this where Katie was studying? That's why she was there, right? (I'm a sleepy and fuddled, at the moment - sorry.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!