Sunday, June 16, 2013

Mosaic Monday: Flowers and Father's Day






It's been a lovely Father's Day here today, with lots of love and great gifts.  I don't often write about personal things here, but I just wanted to share my lovely day with you.  I really like Father's Day better than Mother's Day.  Don't get me wrong -- I love the attention and gifts I get, but I really love to see my husband's eyes light up when the kids cook him breakfast, and bring out the gifts.  :)

The first picture of us all was taken on Block Island, probably around 1993.  My daughter was hell on wheels that year.  We actually had to put a harness on her for the ferry ride.  Yes, we were those parents.  The second photo was taken in San Francisco two years ago.  It's fun when your grown (or almost grown) children still like to go on vacation with you.  :)

I had to include some flower photos, just because that's what I love to shoot and my archives are getting rather full of unpublished work.  And you all expect flowers from me, right?  ;)

By the way, my husband's t-shirt in the first picture reads:  "Why?  Because I'm your father!"  Wishing all your fathers a wonderful day -- filled with love!  xoxo

Here are the instructions to join today's post:
1. Publish your Mosaic Monday post. The post may be about any subject you wish. The only stipulation is that it include a collage, or mosaic of photos.
2. Once it is published, click on the title of the post. This will lead you to the static link for your post. The static link is the page with only that post on it. Copy the url from your browser at the top of the page.
3. Paste the url into the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
4. Type your name in the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
5. Click on "Enter."
6. Please link back to this Mosaic Monday post so that your readers can find other wonderful mosaics.


That's all there is to it! It's always a good idea to then check and see if your link is working. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: mrcarroll(at)optonline.net

And a quick reminder: if you would like to join Mosaic Monday but don't know quite where to start, there is a tutorial on mosaic-making on my sidebar. Just scroll down, and click on the small blue mosaic.

27 comments:

  1. Mary, your family is lovely. Happy Father's Day to your hubby. Sounds like a great time at your house. The flowers and photos are beautiful. Thanks for hosting and have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos of your family Mary. We are lucky to be close to both of our girls and families. We have vacationed with the youngest many times and for the first time this past January, with the oldest.
    The flowers for us are nice; I have a viburnum of similar colour that scents the whole back yard.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy fathers day to your dh, sounds like he is a big kid and a great dad.
    Love leanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the beautiful flowers and your family with us.
    We need more of "those" parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary,

    Lovely photos of you and your family and Happy Father's Day to your husband! What can I say about your gorgeous flower images, as always, they are exceptional and exquisite! With such sweet and photogenic subjects, I'm sure it is a pleasure for you and a gift for us!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Mary Carol. Beautiful family and exquisite mosaics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely family photos. Thanks for hosting.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Father's Day to your family, Mary. I like how you showed the photos from different time periods.

    Fabulous flowers, as always!

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so nice to have lots of family photos because the time just flies by! Enjoy your afternoon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A harness is fine in my book...anything to ensure their safety! :) Glad that you enjoyed your day. My son was away for Army camp for two weeks and got back last evening...the kids were thrilled to have him home and give him all of their little handmade pictures etc. Seems like it was just yesterday that HE was making little pics for his dad : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Father's Day and lovely family photos and beautiful flower photography ~ Happy Week ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the trip down memory lane Mary. It is fun to look back - but where did all those years go! We love travelling with our grown children...and our grandchildren!
    Happy Father's Day to all the American Dads. We don't have Father's Day in Australia until August - only a week from my Dad's birthday - it has always been rotten timing for us!
    Love the light in the tree blossoms photo Mary. Have a wonderful week, and thanks for hosting Mosaic Monday again - the perfect start to my week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with you....I would much rather celebrate Father's Day than Mother's Day ...or anyone else's birthday rather than my own.:)

    wonderful family portraits...the years really do go by so quickly!

    and those flower pictures certainly deserve to be out in the open!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My first time here, Mary! Many thanks for giving us the opportunity to share our creations! I'm also learning more about mosaics/collages this way, too! Happy Father's Day to your husband!! Yes, it's been a wonderful day for my husband, too. We've both lost our own fathers, so he's the one getting most all the loving attention on Father's Day, now! I'm glad we have a special day to celebrate those wonderful men in our lives ... ah, but we should celebrate them every day! They sure are some pretty special people! I love your collage/mosaic images! Flowers are my passion ... I have quite a bit of unpublished work, myself! And such sweet photos of your family ... they do grow fast, don't they! My son is 28 now, and I still don't know where the years have gone! They seem to have flown, but I'm so very grateful that we enjoy a closeness with him and his wife, as well! Enjoy your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely family &
    adorable floral shots!

    Have a great day!
    xoxo, Juliana | PJ’ Happies :) | PJ’ Ecoproject

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a wonderful family, Mary! Children grow so fast --it is one of the reasons I moved closer to my grandchildren, so I could enjoy their early years!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's nice to see your family. Sweet photos. (Love the harness story.)

    Beautiful mosaic, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like you all had a fun Father's Day! And great memories as well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fun to see the two photos of your family. Great memories. Time sure flies by, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing your family with us! Glad they forgave you for the harnesses and are still traveling with you now (HaHa)
    As always the floral photos are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You always share the most beautiful floral arrangements, from simple to elegant, lovely all the while. It is so wonderful having old images to go back to look at and then see how the family has changed and grown. I am glad that your husby enjoyed his day. I think it very nice to celebrate our loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A couple of random comments . . .

    I love creating mosaics for your party so thanks for hosting

    We have always wanted to visit Block Island, but cancelled twice due to life getting in the way.

    We take a family vacation at Christmas each year and love the week we spend with our adult children. It is nice when they are grown and you like them not just because they are your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You Have a lovely family Mary. My how much children grow! My own being 21 31 and 33, were babies just yesterday. Thank you so much for hosting and have a lovely week. I'm off to check on all the lovely people who've linked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I always love your flower pictures. Love seeing the change over time in the family pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Mary

    It's been awhile since I stopped by - love this fun meme! The old and new shots are terrific! It's fun to have a history in photos.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Precious memories! =) I saw this post before but had no brain to read or comment, at the time. I love that you love to watch your husband's delight in the simple family things - just do. =)

    As for putting Katie in a harness - oh, my word! Whatever works and keeps them alive!! (Says the mother of two squirrels and one Tigger! =P)

    ;) xxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, Mary, I love seeing the picture of your very young family!!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!