Welcome to autumn in New Jersey! We are so fortunate to have some really wonderful hiking trails pretty close to our house, and almost every weekend when the weather permits, we go for a hike.
When we were first married, my husband used to go on overnight camping trips with some high school friends. I could never quite see the charm -- getting up at 5:30am to drive six hours, strap on a 50lb. pack and walk up the side of a mountain to a place where there is no bathroom. Yeah, no. But I do love day hikes.
These photos were taken at the Scherman-Hoffman Wildlife Preserve in Bernardsville, NJ. There is a trail called the Dogwood Walk which, as you might imagine, is filled with dogwood trees. In autumn, they are covered with beautiful red foliage and bright red berries. As the trails wind through the woods, the ground is littered with acorns and hickory nuts. And the field near the river is filled with beautiful waving grasses. Oh yes, autumn has come to New Jersey. :)
Oh, and sorry about the two Mr. Linky's. He has been very curmudgeonly this evening, and I can't seem to delete one of them. So you can just add your link to the first one and ignore the second. :)
Now let's have some mosaic fun! Here are the instructions:
- Publish your Mosaic Monday post.
- Once it is published, click on the title of the post. This will lead you to the static link for your post. The static link is the page with only that post on it. Copy the url from your browser at the top of the page.
- Paste the url into the appropriate Mr. Linky box in this post.
- Type your name in the appropriate Mr. Linky box in this post.
- Click on "Enter."
- Please link back to this Mosaic Monday post so that your readers can find other wonderful mosaics.
That's all there is to it! It's always a good idea to then check and see if your link is working. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: mrcarroll(at)optonline.net. I can't wait to see your mosaics! Here is Mr. Linky: