Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Let's Go for a Walk



Greetings, peeps! Do you want to come along for a walk today? It's a beautiful, sunny spring day here in New Jersey, and my husband and I are going to our favorite park, Natirar.




The river looks a little swollen today -- we had nearly three inches of rain on Saturday. It was a nasty storm here, but so much worse in other parts of the country. My heart goes out to all the people who lost homes and loved ones.




I just love the view when we get to the top of the wooded path. The view opens up, and the clouds seem almost close enough to touch.




We have walked along the edge of the woods and down the hill. I've turned around for a moment to snap a picture of the old barn. Doesn't it look like something Andrew Wyeth would have painted?




At the bottom of the hill, where the path curves around at the edge of the trees, the woods are filled with little yellow flowers. I think they must be kingcups, or marsh marigolds. This is damp woodland -- the river you saw in an earlier picture is just beyond the trees. I wish this picture was better -- this is really a beautiful sight!




We have walked in a great circle; you can see the old barn in the distance here. This is a really steep, L-shaped hill path. Here you see my husband has climbed the first leg of it.




And here he is on the second leg. Shall we sit down for a minute on that supremely well-placed bench? Trust me, you will want to at least stop for a moment and take in the view from the top.




It's a beautiful day, the first sunny one in a week, and I'm so glad you have come along on our walk. I'm going back tomorrow to get some better shots of those flowers. :)

*********

Please Note: there will be no Mosaic Monday this week because of Easter. Enjoy your holiday!

15 comments:

  1. Oh thank you for taking us for a walk. What a lovely place to visit ~ very peaceful ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, it was a wonderful walk:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos and I have to agree about the barn, it does look like something Andrew Wyeth would have painted. Thank you for sharing your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pleasant way to begin my day!...Thanks for sharing...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shots Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the beautiful walk in the sunshine and on green grass! Beautiful pictures and scenery. I always liked Andrew Wyeth's paintings and that barn could be one of them ;-) Have a very blessed Easter weekend. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. E' stato come camminare insieme a te, Piacevolissima passeggiata.Buona Pasqua Ornella

    ReplyDelete
  8. loved the walk! thank you! jkj

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful walk - I enjoyed that. We are spending a lot of time outside here at the moment. The weather is glorious, not at all what we expect for April, more like high summer.And very unusually for the long Easter weekend, it is not forecast to rain! Hooray.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad that you are having a sunny day for a walk. It is a beautiful place to stroll. Thanks for taking me along! Carla

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary - thanks for taking us along on this lovely spring walk! It's wonderful to see the green grass.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some day I hope to go there with you for reals.

    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous shots - what a beautiful day for a walk

    ReplyDelete
  14. It has been stormy and rainy here all week, so thanks for the lovely walk on a sunny day! It gives me hope :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!