Saturday, February 26, 2011

In which I am shown to be pathetic...



How did it get to be Saturday already? I mean, really?! This week went by in a blur of sun and rain, warm and freezing, -- the epitome of late winter in New Jersey. Finally, most of the snow is gone, but now we have mud. Of course, we could very easily get more snow. It's not unheard of to see snow in March, and even occasionally April, in these parts.

(Please God, no!)

Ah well, every day is just a little bit longer than the one before, and with the snow cover gone, hopefully we will see some snowdrops popping up soon.

(Please?!)

Pictured above is our dining room, with it's French doors that lead out to the deck and the garden. We have spent the last several months peering out at the snow covered deck, remembering lazy summer evenings spent taking a leisurely dinner while the fireflies danced around our candlelit table.

(That sound you hear is my husband softly whimpering. He misses his grill.)

So until we can bring the deck furniture out of storage, you can find us here almost daily, looking out the deck doors and sighing. Yes, we are pathetic. Just don't tell my husband I told you about the whimpering. :)

*********

Are you all ready for another Mosaic Monday? We had several new participants last week, and I'm so thrilled that they could join us! I will put the link up on Sunday evening, by 8:30 pm Eastern time, USA. Looking forward to seeing all your mosaics!



22 comments:

  1. Hi Mary,

    Your secret is safe. But I am guessing there is a lot of "whimpering" going on in the north and mid-west - a man can't be separated from "the manly" grill for too long. (o:

    Happy Weekend & hugs,
    JOyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that I can say is that, we got a foot of snow, yesterday. (and, we still had more of a foot underneath.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No talk of whimpering...promise. We have been teased here in the south, but this weekend is cold. Sunny, but cold. Tomorrow storms. I hope you soon feel warmer sunny days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I hear my hubby whimpering occasionally ~ although I don't tell. We are still under snow in Ontario and more on the way today. I hear more whimpering ... oh well, I HOPE spring is on the way ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tablescape Mary. We had some fresh snow this morning. I am trying to be patient. V

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hard not to complain - it's been so cold with the wind chill lately...but it's sunny and we won't have to worry about mud until late April so that's a blessing I suppose. The other good news is that it's just about -10C this morning. Last week the prediction was for -51C with the wind chill and it's been bitterly cold and windy all week. I hope your melt is unbroken and that soon you'll be enjoying your deck again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha ha Mary, you are funny. Love your dining room vignette. Be grateful all your snow is gone. Here, in Massachusetts, we are still peering over the tops of snowbanks, just to get out of our driveways. Oh well, mud season will be here sooner than we think. Ha! Have a great Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whimpering in Connecticut right along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *sighs* Your dining room is lovely even though you are looking out at a dreary winter landscape. Spring will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just came thru a blizzard on Thursday with wind chills at -15, so I am a bit on the whimper side too....LOL Rumor has it, it will be 43 on Wednesday! It will feel so balmy. :) Kit

    ReplyDelete
  11. I won't tell! :D Suppose to get up to 75 tomorrow, but severe storms tomorrow night. :(
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We grill all year long even at the cabin which right now is minus 15 degrees or there abouts. Takes a little longer mind you.
    And when I say "we" I mean my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well Mary, if you are pathetic then so am I. It is snowing right. this. minute. ugh.
    I've been known to whimper about it too, in fact I'm whimpering a bit right now. Spring can't be far away. It just can't.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you think that you're hearing whimpering in stereo it's because we're doing the same thing here in the Pacific Northwest. Altogether now.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Winter has been hard even here in the south. We join you in hoping for an early spring! Carla

    ReplyDelete
  16. More snow today in RI! This has been the snowiest winter in a long time....good thing I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking at the remnants of the storm that moved through early this morning! Can't wait for March 20th, the first day of Spring! Only we have 2+ feet of snow still in our yard, we're in MA on the NH border. I'm whimpering right along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. YOur dinning room is so beautiful... not a hard place to be if you cannot be outside. I love the blue and white with the dark wood. Just gorgeous!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Warm is on it's way....promise....smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I feel your pain. Our patio is piled deep with snow and you can't even see where the gas grill was.

    It's tough when you get excited about 40 degree weather!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!