Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Make Your Heart Sing


You know that feeling you get when you spot something that just speaks to you? I feel that way about silver gravy boats. I have no idea why, but they just draw me in. Last week I innocently asked you to send me some of your favorite decorating details -- something that made your heart sing. Wow! You have showered me with lovely responses. It has been so much fun to peek at your favorites. I will be posting them all over the next few days. Here is the first group, in no particular order:

Peggy, http://www.season-to-season.blogspot.com/ A wonderful springtime arrangement, including a great tin lantern







Suzanne, http://www.athomewiththefarmerswife.blogspot.com/ A built-in bar area, with beautiful barware lit with tea lights








Carol, http://www.flickr.com/photos/10432106@N07/ A corner of her artist's studio, including a beautiful flowered pillow








Becky A beautiful collection of shells, paired with colorful billiard balls and a small plate








BJ, http://sweetnothingsbj.blogspot.com/ Favorite thrifted black-painted shutters








Rosie, http://rosieswhimsy.wordpress.com/ A beautiful mirror strewn with painted roses, and paired with a silk flower arrangement








Kacey, http://www.wineonthekeyboard.com/ A beautiful piece from her grandmother's tea cup collection





Brenda, http://www.spareminutecottage.blogspot.com/ Wonderful Franciscan pottery









Connie, http://www.conniesnipes.blogspot.com/ An eclectic array of thrifted and dumpster finds, including African masks






Kate, http://chroniclesofacountrygirl.blogspot.com/ A beautifully colored quilt, although I would have to say that George is a lovely decorating accessory, too :)








Please visit again tomorrow to see the next group of things that make your heart sing!









































More to come, tommorow and Thursday. Isn't this fun?

24 comments:

  1. It is fun, you know we all love those peeks into each others homes and what could be nicer than a look at the little things everyone loves best:>) Thanks Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing our friends favorite things in their pretty homes.
    This is a great idea, Mary.
    Oh, and don't forget to take a peek at the 2nd day parade over at Beverly's place....I saw some mighty sweet roosters with your name on them!! :)
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea. So many lovely treasures. have a great day, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jumping up and down clapping! That was fun, thanks Mary!
    Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary:

    Isn't this a nice thing to do! It's great to share and everything is so different!

    :0)
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Mary!
    Thank you for hosting such a lovely group! I think its fun to be able to peek at everyone's collections all in one place!
    thank you Mary! We'll 'see' you tomorrow!
    XOXO~
    Abbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was such a great idea, Mary! I love having peak into everyone's home and seeing a special decorative area.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary
    What fun seeing all the photos and as Kathy says "peeking into each other's homes. Carol's studio looked just like a sunroom I had in a house in PA!
    That was fun. Thanks for doing it!
    Rhondi xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shells and billiard balls are my favorite of the group.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was such a great idea for a post! I love peeking at everyone's treasures. I have to say the last picture is my idea of a comfy, cozy and oh so pretty way to live. You go George! ((hugs)) Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for doing this, Mary. I really enjoyed seeing everyone's view of something that brings them pleasure.

    I don't believe I can choose a favorite - I love them all. It just goes to show that there is beauty all around us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, it is fun. I enjoy seeing everyone's clever decorating. I love the red billiard balls paired with the red plate...who ever heard of doing that? Sunny corners always speak to me...love them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great pics and idea Mary! I'll have to visit these new to me blogs now :-}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love being able to peek into everyone's home. How lovely. Thanks Mary for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, it is fun peeking at people's favorite things!
    Mine was an old quilt that I use to keep the couch clean from doggie paws, but what the hey.

    Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love, love, love looking at peoples' stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much fun....we sure do love our things don't we ??

    This post put a smile upon my face....thank you so much Mary :)

    Great idea,
    Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is great Mary! I love looking at all the decorating ideas and rooms of our blogging friends (and some I don't know, which I will have to visit).
    Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fun, but a lot of work for you Mary! We do love to peek!
    Rhondi: That is our sunroom & we love it! I do paint out there, but my studio is another room just for me that I had sent along with this picture.
    Thanks Mary...I really love your blog!
    Carol (another Jersey girl)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Mary!

    This is so much fun! Loved looking at everyone's treasured bits! Some really interesting and inspiring ladies out there in blog land. Fantastic job putting it all together. Can't wait to see tomorrow's post...such a treat! Take care. ~ Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  21. It certainly is fun Mary, and everyone has such nice decorating favorites.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love this post! How wonderful to see the things in other's lives that they love. That dog loves that blankie, too.

    Sweet, sweet, sweet, Mary!

    xo
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolute fun and how I love George the dog! What makes a better accessory than a fur baby!

    This was a wonderful idea...

    Now Mary. My Romantic Homes arrived today and on one of the first pages I spied a sofa. This sofa looks so familiar. I looked to see the letter to the ed. and uh huh. It WAS familiar! There was our sweet Mary's name!

    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  24. What fun to see all the lovely treasures from here and there! Great idea you had to do this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!