Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Kitchen Cream

Last week, I showed you a little covered soup tureen that I got at the thrift store.  I said that I wanted to add it to my creamware collection in the kitchen.  Well, here are a few other pieces I've gathered over the years.  They aren't necessarily creamware, but all sorts of dishes that just happen to be cream color.

The gravy boat above is a modern piece from HomeGoods.  I have a thing for gravy boats -- I think it is the shape that I love.

Here is the shelf above my dish rack.  The green tole tray in the background was a flea market find a few years ago.  It was at the bottom of a pile of very dirty and rusted trays.  When I showed it to the dealer, he named his price: $8.  Score!

The little covered dish with the bird on top was from HomeGoods, and the vase behind it came from a rummage sale.  I think it was $3.

Here is the display above my range.  Don't you love the iron cornbread mold?  It was a gift from my dear friend, Robin.  (If you are reading this, Robin, see how much I love it?  Thank you so much!)  Two more little gravy or sauce boats share the shelf, along with a small Fenton hobnail vase.

Don't you love this little sauceboat, with it's cabbage leaf pattern?  Thrift store, last year, $2.  Whoo-hoo!

This arrangement sits in the corner of my countertop.  The little basketweave dish on the left is Wedgwood.  Because it is cracked, I got it at the thrift store for $4.  The small vase next to it was a rummage sale find:  $1.  And the two covered serving pieces are from HomeGoods.

Finally, the yellow primroses, which smell divine, are from my husband.  He knows I need some blooms to get me through the winter.  No creamware here, but a milk glass urn that I found at, where else, a thrift store for 75 cents.  ;)


  1. I like that your husband knows what you need to get through the winter. And that he complies. Wow. Home Goods has a lot of beautiful pieces. I'm surprised.

  2. Drool, drool.... those pieces are gorgeous. My favorite is the vase in photo #2. Your gravy boats have such beautiful lines.

  3. Mary, love them all! I was thinking of going to Home Goods this week, but it's so cold out...well, now I will just bundle up and go there! Thanks for the shot in the arm! :) And if I recall, a while back you were doing some kitchen renovation (although I thought it was perfect myself)'s that coming along?

  4. What beautiful pieces! Home Goods is my favorite store. Blessings

  5. Mary, it all looks wonderful. I don't know how we ladies would survive without Home Goods. I love that place. I can't recall a single time that I have been and not purchased something.

  6. Home Goods is a fabulous store!! Always the fun goodies there. Great finds

  7. The way you display your treasures is lovely and restrained. Yes, I know that you could cover every surface three times over, but you don't. It's been my inspiration since I've "known" you.

  8. Lovely! And yay for Home Goods. I can't go there unless I have plenty of discretionary income; too many temptations!

    (I especially like the cabbage leaf sauce boat. Sweet.)

  9. Hi your pretty!

    I had primroses in my hand the other day...they were $1 each but I put them back thinking it was too early....I may go back and get them...especially since I am grieving the recent demise of my rubber tree plant....LOL.

    I hope you have a GREAT day!

  10. Beautiful! They look so lovely in your kitchen ~ and how nice that your husband knows just what you need in the midst of winter.

  11. Such a lovely collection! And I love the Wedgewood dish. No one needs to know about the slight crack ... it will be this blogs little secret.

  12. I love Home Goods! I go there about once a week. They have so many pretty things. I've gotten a lot of things for the new (beach) house there.
    You found so many gorgeous things to post about!
    Hugs, Susan

  13. All these pieces are so pretty. I especially like the ones with the birds. You're so fortunate to have thrift stores with beautiful things. I usually suffer from a broken heart after going to the ones where I live because they have so few nice items. Blessings to you.

  14. Oh, how I wish the antique stores around here were priced like that! You are so lucky to find such bargains!
    Happy Shopping!

  15. Because of you I have once again began to add to my collection. I don't collect the creamware..but it certainly is beautiful. I hope you have a nice Wednesday..just plain ..nice!

  16. Hello Mary...

    I do so admire your beautiful home!!! Love your creamware have some really beautiful pieces!!! There's just something about creamware that speaks soft, sweet nothings in my ear! Hehe!!! Seriously, if and when I find a good deal on's coming home with me!

    Thank you so much for sharing your pretties!!!
    Warmest wishes,

  17. great with the whiteware, a girl with similar tastes :)my motto: "if it's not moving, paint it white!" or collect it LOL

  18. So nice. I look in awe - I wish I had an empty corner in my kitchen to decorate. Unfortunately, I'm not nearly as neat and organized as you.

    I don't get to Home-Goods very often, which is good- too many neat things there that I really don't need.

  19. I love all of your creamware, they are so pretty. I have a cornbread press just like yours! I have had it for years, I don't remember where I got it, but I have never seen another one before. Hugs ~cindy s~


Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!