Thursday, July 28, 2011

More Bunny



After seeing all the beautiful formal spaces in Bunny Williams' garden, I thought you might like to see the service area. The barn shown in the top photo was built to replace the original barn which was remodeled into an entertainment and guest room. Immediately behind the new barn is a very posh chicken house, filled with exotic birds. The birds are favorites of Miss Williams' husband, antiques dealer John Roselli.

Also behind the barn is a large working greenhouse, complete with potting table. It was very hot the day we visited, and the greenhouse was home to succulents, house plants and annuals, many of them in beautiful hand thrown pots by Guy Wolffe, whose pottery is nearby. Don't you love the pot with the ruffled edges?

As you can see, there is a rather large vegetable garden here as well, complete with a compost pile enclosed with a fanciful iron fence. I know the photo is not the best, but I had to show it to you. Have you ever seen such an elegant compost heap in your life? :)

Anyway, I guess that is about it for today. I'm beginning to think that this will be the summer of gardens here on Little Red House, for I've got lots more to show you from all my garden tours. And my favorite thrift store is closed till the fall. ;)




15 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Mary! Who would not love to have a gorgeous garden like that one?
    Have a wonderful day!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did notice the beautiful pots right away. Another thing was the little brush at the potting station. Now why haven't I thought of such a simple addition to mine? Chickens, too? Well this couple has got everything going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was beautiful. So, so amazing. Thanks for sharing with us.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hen house is very posh, indeed! Ours looks like a shack in comparison - perhaps if I leave this page open for a while it might inspire a hen house reno!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great to see the behind the scenes, and it still looks good in photos! That's quite an ornate compost area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's MY kind of barn! What a lovely place! That garden is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fantastic! One can dream! L

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who could not love photos of fabulous gardens? I like how there is beauty in servicability, too. This is more my style, though on a MUCH smaller scale:). Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your great photos, Mary. Bunny's gardens are fabulous, and I love the fence around the compost pile. How unexpected and beautiful.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thrift stores should never be closed! (COL-chuckle out loud) But gardens are always a delight.

    Enjoy the day,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love your photos from Bunny's... and love the title. More Bunny says it all! I knew it would be another treat!
    xo
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did I miss this post? These are, as ever, gorgeous. I am in love with the ruffled edge hand-thrown pots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mary! OH, these gardens are so beautiful! You do take the most beautiful snaps! I'm coming to you party today and thank you so much for hosting.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the garden that I really envy...the working garden that remains beautiful! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous . To visit a place like this I need to someday .Love all of them
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!