Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Ultimate Yard Sale


clearing-out-the-attic-titl.jpg
large-tag-sale-ad.jpg

Dear Friends,

Having just had a "milestone birthday" and embracing some of the ideas from the book--titled "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin, I decided to do more than clear a shelf or a closet. In my usual obsessive way I tackled barns and attics, my studio and the basement. Whilst I am not quite going zen in style (far from it), I am attempting to "declutter".

This will not be the organized, "pretty" tag sale like the one I wrote about in Veranda Magazine a few years ago, but just your classic old fashioned yard sale. With a mix of things from garden hoses to some of my beloved ribbons and silk flowers (it has been hard for me to give up some of those, but this is an exercise in editing), there is a bit of everything.

If you are around the northwest corner of Connecticut, please stop by.

Best,

Carolyne Roehm




Do you suppose I can convince my husband that we need to go back to Connecticut next weekend? ;)

see a little of Weatherstone here.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my word, Mary.
    That would be the ultimate!!
    Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to de clutter but can be satisfying as long as you do not have later regrets. When we moved to Italy we had to part with many things and mainly we did the right thing. Although even now I sometimes think, oh I wish I still had one of those :) Mind you in the time we have been here is is amazing what has been accumulated again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear Lord, I would go by myself if I had to! Oh to be close enough to attend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I would love to go.....please go and post all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a plan to me, Mary. I'd go with you if I wasn't heading to Maine the following weekend. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What an adventure I could have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go....go....and please take lots of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How I wish I could go too. It's at least 3 hours from me though. A bit of a journey. I guess we shall all just dream together *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes. I think you could talk him into it. ☺ Blog fodder, don'tcha know. Sounds fantastic...let's see that would be a 5.5 hour trip. Nope, guess I'll keep dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I were anywhere close I would come. Sure hope Veranda does another article on your tag sale, I loved the last one. I need to do what your doing. Such inspiration your are..........Happy Fourth

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now, I cannot for the life of my think of a reason not to.....smiles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!