Friday, September 14, 2007

Thrift Store Booty


I had to go to the thrift store the other day, to drop off some books that my mother-in-law was getting rid of. I had to go. Seriously.

Of course, I couldn't just go and not look at anything, right? I mean, who can drop off and not look ?

So here's what I came home with. The prices were a little high, but these were things I just couldn't resist. Truly.


This small, silver-plated dish was $5. (Yes I know, I was just yesterday waxing poetic about tarnished silver, but a girl can change her mind, OK? Sheesh.) I'm not sure where I'll put it yet -- maybe on my dresser with some vintage brooches. It would look great on a dressing table but, alas, I don't have one!


This siver-plated platter was $5. also. It's found a home on my range hood, along with a tarnished glass holder (is that what you call it?) and some brown transferware.


This cute copper mold was $2.50. It's currently hanging out with some of my kitchen roosters. The small white rooster was a gift from my dear friend, Robin. I got her started collecting roosters, and now she's got so many that she has to give some of the overflow to me. LOL


This darling little red painted tin box was (gulp!) $12. I love the chipped paint. It's red and gold, so it's sitting in the library/living room right now, but it may end up on my desk to hold paperclips. It says: Consolidated Tea Co., New York, and has a seal from the 30th Exposition Internationale, Paris 1913.

Don't you just love the thrift store?

13 comments:

  1. Yes,,I DO love thrifts! I am having withdrawals actually ....maybe I'll venture out today. Your photos are always so lovely....
    Blessings for a Great Day
    -Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! Also love the photos. Now, where's the pile of crap?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rechelle -- I'd post pics of my daughter's "room of doom," as we call it, but frankly I'm afraid to go in there! LOL
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love every one of your found treasures!! Especially the little red tin. As always, enjoyed viewing your excellent photo skills. Excuse me now....I am on my way to my local thrift store! :)
    bj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep I do! Love it and love what you found. Have a great weekend!

    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those are great finds! I've been trying to stay away from the thrift stores but I may have to pop in one this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I DO love the thrift store but it's been a long, long time since I found such great treasures as you have. Your finds are simply beautiful! Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely finds! And I LOVE your kitchen cooker hood-can we see more photos, please....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want the red tin! I will pay you $13 Gulp - lol for it! Seriously I adore it. I would have snatched it up for sure at that price...Nice finds!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them??? Oh, I could spend days covering every corner!! =) Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish we had thrift stores in Uk Nearest thing to them are Charity shops where the proceeds go to the chosen charity.You can get the odd bargain but nothing like what you have found Mostly I buy books from them.Great finds that you have got Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely treasures you found! I adore that little red box ... it's got so much character! Your blog is a delight to visit. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it all Mary! I am "due" a little thrift store visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!