Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Walk in the Park



It's really starting to look like autumn here, so I thought you might enjoy taking a walk in the park with me.  This park, called Natirar, is about ten minutes from our Little Red House, and we like to stop by occasionally to walk the trails, which wind through a beautifully landscaped former  estate.  



There is a subtlety to the color of these trees.  I love their soft color.  No flames here  yet, just gentle blushes.


Part of the walking path takes us through the woods, where the trees drape their graceful arms over a gurgling stream.  Wearing their leaves of gold, they seem to glow with an inner light.



All too soon, there will be more leaves underfoot than above our heads.  Carpe diem.

*********

I wanted to tell you all how much I enjoyed reading all about your autumn favorites on Monday.  Thank you so much for painting such lovely pictures with your words!  There was even a beautiful poem among the comments -- thanks, Cheryl!

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Mary! Wish I were there. I'll have to check out the link when I have some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Thanks for taking us with you today. ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always capture the most beautiful scenery Mary:>) Those trees by the stream and the beautiful landscape of the estate are just so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. more gorgeous photos...thank you for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed in fantastic landscapes ablaze with beautiful autumn colors, in lovely blue sky and in the stream which gurgling I couldn’t hear but I could imagine in my head. Outstanding photos, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! I wish I could walk there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, thank you for this wonderful gift. What a beautiful and serene location.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who knew Jersey could look so good.....beautiful! Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just so beautiful Mary. Isn't this a glorious time of year to shoot pictures? You always create such beauty with your camera...a true gift.

    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,

    I am celebrating my 100th post. Please stop by and enter my giveaway.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely place, Mary! Your photographs are so crisp and clear, I can almost smell the scent of the wet leaves.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I miss the changing colors of fall.
    So thank you for allowing me to take a walk today in that lovely park.
    A Florida gal
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the fall photos and that park is just beautiful. What a peaceful place to take a walk in nature. thanks for sharing your walk.

    Hug;s
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mary,
    These are such beautiful autumn shots!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!