Saturday, February 9, 2008

Deja Tagged




Oh boy, I must be moving real slow because I keep getting tagged! :) This one is a Book Meme, and I've been tagged by Sherrill, at Cassandra's Lutradur and Lace Adventures. It sounds like fun, so here goes:



Here are the rules:



1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).


2. Open the book to page 123.


3. Find the fifth sentence.


4. Post the next three sentences.


5. Tag five people.




Drum roll, please...


The nearest book is Venetia, a historical romance novel by Georgette Heyer. Here are the sentences:



"A Man of the Town! It is a -- a desecration to think of his so much as touching your hand! When I saw how he looked at you -- By God I was within ames-ace of planting him a facer!"



Well, that was fun, huh? I so wanted to cheat a little and "choose" a more erudite tome. But this one was really hysterical, wasn't it? Do I actually read this stuff?! You bet. Romance novels are like potato chips -- you can't eat just one. :) And I have to tag five people so...




Unless you consider it a desecration to be so much as touched by my (web) hand, consider yourself tagged!
Happy Saturday, dear bloggers!

14 comments:

  1. OK...now that tag is different and fun. I'd have to make sure I positioned a "proper" book close before I played! Ha! Have a great weekend........Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning, Mary--that's a different tag! Makes me curious what is on pg 123 in the book I'm reading--I'll have to take a peek!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THat was fun! Thanks for visiting me and entering my giveaway. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is a different tag, I may have to play this one! Hope you are having a wonderful Saturday :)

    Hugs,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this! it's fun :) Will do it sometime today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I LOVE this unusual tag and I want to play!! Thanks for letting us do this fun one. I will "play" Monday morning!
    I love your little romantic figurine.....
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary,
    Well that was fun...thanks for starting off my day with a chuckle.
    Hugs,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary, That certasinly is a different tag!
    Thanks for visiting my blog, I felt I should return the favour now find myself tagged, What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a hoot! I loved your selection:>)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a joy to read your daily blog. I'm new to this and you win my favorite place to visit. This tag was fun and when I went to check my book, I was inspired to set a few new goals. Have a blessed week....Pattyanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary,

    I like this idea and consider myself tagged. I will post it tomorrow.
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!