Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Donna's Art



Oooh look, a pretty package! Just what I need to chase away the winter blahs.













It's beautifully wrapped, isn't it? And look, a sweet note from the sender, along with a handmade bookmark.






This particular package is from Donna, of Donna's Art. In case you don't happen to know her, Donna is a very sweet lady and a wonderful artist who has created a blog filled with artistic inspiration. I always enjoy visiting Donna to read about her cute little dogs, Otis and Riley, or to wander through her amazing garden, and to see what wonderful creations she is currently working on.













That is how I first saw this charming little painting of a bird's nest filled with speckled eggs. As soon as I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for my kitchen. And so it is. Thank you so much, Donna -- I absolutely love it, and it brings a smile to my face every time I see it!







You can visit Donna's blog here, and her etsy shop here. Go take a peek, there are lots of wonderful things in store for you!

17 comments:

  1. Oh, that painting is just beautiful! What a talented artist Donna is, and how lovely for you to have one of her paintings. I can truly believe it will look wonderful in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary

    I can "see" it right there in your kitchen giving you smiles...and even better when you know the artist, right? Enjoy it!
    :0)
    Tara
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The painting fits perfectly in your kitchen. I have so many things marked as favorites in Donna's Etsy store. She is such a talent :-) Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary,
    The painting looks so nice in your kitchen! Thank you for buying it and also for mentioning me in your post.
    Enjoy the day!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the painting. Enjoy, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the painting (and all things "birdish") but I've gotta say ... I just love, love that wrapping paper.

    It IS all in the details, is it not?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh love the nest.. I must go look. thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna is such a talented artist & this nest and egg painting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read your blog every evening. I actually have it bookmarked. So pretty and restful to read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna is a terrific artist. Her painting of the nest with speckled eggs does look perfect in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely painting. It fits this time of year so well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That painting is so cute, what a nice gift !
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mary,
    I just had to come tell you that i LOVE the tea cup you made for sweet BJ,what a fabulous idea...would you mind if i copy your idea please? i was thinking of making one for mothers day this sunday.
    The painting you have is beautiful and looks perfect!
    Take care Kristina x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just received a sweet little wood painting from Donna and it is wonderful!
    Yours fit your kitchen just perfectly! She is a keeper that Donna...just like our Mary!

    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an absolutely lovely painting, Mary. From the distinctive wrapping paper, all through to the end, I was entranced!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blog is one of the most delightful and interesting I have ever seen. I love your photographs and the way they're arranged and well, just everything. I took note of a comment you made about Jane Austen and Blue Willow China. I think it very likely she had tea in a Blue Willow cup. They've been around over 200 years, were designed by Thomas Minton in England. Thanks for the beautiful feeling I got when I read and looked at your blog. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much, Jean!
    xoxo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!